Monday, June 28, 2010

Baking!!!


I suddenly found myself in an extreme baking mood just a few days ago. I found 12 frozen bananas in my freezer (I later realized that I missed 3 that were hiding in the back. Oh well... that'll be the next batch) and made a quadruple batch of banana bread. I do not have a normal sized loaf pan, so I made a bunch of mini loaves, some normal muffins, and some muffins shaped like hearts (thank you again Anna for the muffin pan--the heart shaped ones are the most fun). It took a few hours, but here are the delicious results.


But that was not the end of my baking night. Raspberries were on sale at Hy-Vee, and of course, I couldn't pass them up. So I got three little packages and made a raspberry rhubarb pie. I admit, I cheated a bit and bought the store made pie crust instead of making my own, but hey, I was hot and tired by that point. Anyway, it leaked a little around the edges, but I'm sure that won't be a problem when it comes to eating it. :) Yummy!


2 comments:

  1. YUM! i've never heard of rhubarbs with raspberries together. it's making my mouth water!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's how I prevent side leakage: make the top crust larger than the pie pan. When you go to pinch the edges together, wrap the top crust around the bottom crust edges, so that when you pinch it (or crimp it or whatever), the top crust is over and under the bottom crust, kinda like a crust sandwich.

    ReplyDelete