Wednesday, August 17, 2011

New dining room part 1

I finally got fed up with the less than beautiful (to put it nicely) wallpaper in our dining room a couple weeks ago. I vow to never put wallpaper up on any walls in my house ever! This wallpaper and backing came off very nicely compared to what I've been told, but it was still a unpleasant, long, tedious process. Never again if I can help it! :)


A little glimpse of the wallpaper. Not so bad once you get used to it, but definitely in need of a change!




Scraping the backing off... luckily it came off pretty well by just wetting it down with water. Still hated the whole process!


Finally, with a little help from Mom and Dad Klinge one day, the room was completely stripped of all wallpaper. You might not be able to see from the pictures, but the walls are in rough shape. Definitely not smooth! We are going to need to tear the walls down to put in insulation someday soon, so I decided not to worry about imperfections and just go with it!





My blank slate--and yes, it's a mess. Sorry about that!

More to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment