Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Excitment--good and bad

I had a very exciting day today... well, it really started last night. We went over to a friends' house to watch a movie and eat pizza. They have two cats, which is usually not a problem even though I am allergic to them. I can usually pat a cat on the head even a couple times and be perfectly fine. Last night, however, was a different story. I was fine through the first movie, but when we started the second movie, I started to cough a lot. Then I started to wheeze. So we went home. I took a shower, Tim made me tea, and slowly but surely I started to be able to breathe again well enough to go to sleep.
I woke up this morning and my chest still felt a little tight, but I went to work anyway. By the time I got there, I was wheezing uncontrollably, so I went to the ER. They had me breathe through a nebulizer for a while and gave me an inhaler and drugs for the rest of the week. I'm doing decently now, but have had to use the inhaler once today. I'm hoping that the attacks are over now and my inhaler will keep me breathing well this weekend! Sigh... not the best way to spend a Tuesday.
Tonight though I decided to make a pie (finally giving in to Tim's prodding). :) It's raspberry and smells delicious. I did cheat though and bought a crust today instead of making one since I'm still having breathing problems, but it should still be very yummy. Here are before and after pictures. As you can see, some of the deliciousness inside spilled out a bit, but there should still be plenty of deliciousness left inside to enjoy! :)

2 comments:

  1. Tim's a lucky guy! I hope that he knows that! What's with the Klinge boys begging for pies?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It tasted as good as it looks! Thanks, Carrie!

    ReplyDelete